SAFETY, EMPLOYEES HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL CARE and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION are COATEX key values in its daily activity. Coatex policy stands on 5 IDEAS key success factors.
Our commitment to people
Sustained commitment to safety of our employees and people from our close environment is one of our primary business objectives. We make our best to improve our efficiency and avoid risks and accidents to make the work place safer:
- by the implementation of the best available technologies on our production lines and equipments
- by a certified Health and safety management system according to the OHSAS 18001 standard (occupational health and safety assessment series)
- through a direct involvement of staff in accident prevention
Our commitment to environment
Our approach in term of environment, with especially our waste reduction policy and waterborne rejections allowed us to obtain the 14001 ISO certification.
A better use of energy to minimize our "environmental footprint"
Coatex is commited to the sustainable development of its activity, with a particular emphasis on reducing its environmental footprint and improving its energy efficiency. The objective is to reduce its consumption on average by 1.5% per year from 2012 to 2020.
Learn more about this approach:
In 2013, a new European directive concerning energy audit has been set up. This directive applies to companies with more than 250 employees or 50M€ turnover. According to this new directive, Coatex Genay is now ISO 50001 certified (Energy Management System) since December 2015. The approach is part of the global "Arkenergy" project deployed within Arkema Group. This program, which also helps to improve the competitiveness of the Group's industrial sites, satisfies the following requirements:
- compliance with applicable energy efficiency laws and regulations,
- implementation of an Energy Management System enabling a sustainable improvement of its energy performance through a sharing of best practices,
- continuous optimization of energy costs from the design and purchase of equipment to the daily operations of plants through the negotiation of energy purchases.
Through the signature of the worldwide "Responsible Care®" chart in 2006, we strengthen our awareness campaigns on the importance of the sustainable development, to our employees, but also to all those working with us (suppliers, subcontractors, etc.).